Back in December, I blogged that I was putting all the scripts I post here into a library you could download. At that point, there were 65 scripts, today the count is 112. In January this year, I also blogged that I was moving over to change the way I posted scripts – I planned to start using the auto-help format for all the new scripts, making them self-documenting (it also made posting scripts faster). All new scripts were posted using that format, and tested under CTP3, but the work of converting older scripts would have to be a work in progress.
Well today, I’ve finally finished upgrading all the scripts to auto-help format. The script library, which you can download from http://www.reskit.net/powershell/ScriptLib.ZIP contains the scripts posted to http://pshscripts.blogspot.com but now fully converted to use the new format – and tested fully on PowerShell V3. At some point, I’ll get around to updating the older blog posts, but as that is a lot of work, it’ll take some time. But all new scripts are posted using this new format – so I’ve just got to update 65 or so blog posts!
I don’t know how valuable these scripts are, but I get just over 50 visitors a day, and just under 100 page hits/day so someone is finding them useful! The other thing I note from looking at the stats, most of the hits come from Google – where people are looking for a script do something specific, which to some degree supports the decision to publish the blog the way I do!
Sadly, I’ve injured my shoulder badly and am finding most typing very painful – which has cut down dramatically on my posting level. Hopefully, I’ll recover and start to publish more!